Auxiliary audio input on 2006 5 series?

I went to test drive the 550i today and really liked it. But unfortunately it didn't have an auxiliary input for a portable audio device like the new 330i does. I listen to a lot of Podcasts to and
from work, so this feature is pretty important to me.
I asked one of the parts guys about it and he said "no problem, we can install the auxiliary input in your glove box, the part is $75 plus labor".
Has anyone had this done? Is it something I could do myself, or should I have the dealer do it?
Thanks in advance...
Have it on an '05 545i. Works great. No way to get integration with iDrive, but you can install the aux port to get good sound.
See: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentidX175

Thanks for the info and link to the instructions. That's very helpful. I assume there is no sound degradation when using the Aux input? Right not I'm using an FM transmitter on my 330i and it sounds horrible...