Back Seat Vent, e32 1992 735i

We had a passenger in the back seat -- they commented on "cold air" coming from the center vent.
Sure enough it was cold, despite the fact that we were toasty warm up front.
We turned up the heat/temp dials all the way. Tried "feet" "feet, center, defrost" and "auto" modes for both driver &passenger settings.. Always cold air out the back vent.
The only thing that seemed to affect it was the fan setting -- it did blow more or less depending on the fan setting.
We rarely have passengers, so we never noticed it before.
I read that when the power goes out (change the battery) the heater does a "self reset" kind of thing to reindex the stepper motors.
I did not know this when we put the new battery in - and I did turn the car on & off rather quickly (just to verify the battery was installed). So what I'm wondering is if this stepper motor is stuck in one position or another -- or if there's something else to look for? (dead stepper motor, connection/fuse) etc.
Thanks -j
--
Remove x's to send.

The rear vent is a fresh air vent only and you will not get any hot air out of it.
Thanks -- Just never noticed it & rarely have people back there...
Thanks -j

--
Remove x's to send.

Josh Assing wrote:

Yep. To get heat back there to your Mother-in-law, there are some heat ducts under the front seats for the rear passengers.
--
-Fred W

How'd you know who was complaining????
We found the under seat ducts -- the floor mats were covering them up.. thanks -j
--
Remove x's to send.

Josh Assing wrote:

Been there... Done that... Got the tuxedo. ;-)
--
-Fred W