Battery 330ci?

Page 1 of 2
Hello , I opened the hood and can't find where the battery is. My BMW is a 2002 330ci.All my other cars have the battery were you can see it next to
the motor. under the hood. This is my first BMW as you can tell.Thanks if you can help

try the boot/trunk can't remember which side, but its deep in the side well.
It's in the trunk.
You really need to get your Owner's Manual out.

Thank you for the info. it's not in the Owner's Manual I have with this car, maybe you know were in the trunk, I still can't find it.

Still can't find it!!!!

Try stamping your foot a bit harder.
--
Dan.

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 05:37:13 -0500, Dean Dark

Or if that fails, hold your breath until you turn blue.

Or pull back the liner in the trunk on the right side and view the battery.
Kyle. 98 740iL 01 525i
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:27:13 GMT, "Kyle and Lori Greene"

Spoilsport.
--
Dan.

MyPC wrote:

You know what's funny? I did not beleive you at first, but I checked and sure enough it does not tell where the battery is located in the 2002 330ci owners manual! Unbelievable...
It should be in the trunk, on the passenger side under a removeable plastic tray.
--
-Fred W

It seems odd that they would remove this information - my 2001 manual has nice clear diagrams and text on p.168.
FloydR
not*yahoo.com"> wrote

Fear of product liability suits if folks could access their own batteries?
Tom

Also note that there is an explosive charge connected to the positive terminal (I think), which is supposed to disconnect the battery from the engine (but not the lights, IIRC) in some crashes (when the airbags deploy?). From what I've read, the charge is supposed to be "contained" and appears "small", but I'd be very careful nonetheless.
Hard to believe, but it's in the Bentley manual. Other references include:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t67 http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/printer.jsp?idt2
--
Darryl Okahata
snipped-for-privacy@soco.agilent.com

I don't think they changed it from my 1996 328ic - the battery is in a tray in the trunk, on the passenger side (US vehicle). Have to lift up the trunk liner on the right side. Supposedly, it was placed there for better weight distribution (and maybe because there wasn't anywhere under the hood large enough for it). In other words, it is further to the right (if you are standing behind the vehicle with the trunk open) than the spare tire.
Jim
It's in the Owner's Manual.
Lift the carpet to expose the spare, and you will be able to see the battery from there.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

No Jeff, it's not. I checked.
--
-Fred W

Malt_Hound > wrote:

...in the owners manual that is.
--
-Fred W

Yeah, I saw that after I posted. It's in MY Owner's Manual, but my car is different.
THANKS you guys---I FOUND IT Thanks again (the DRL are still off) ha ha

Dunno the ci, but try inside the rear wing - opposite side to the CD changer if you have one. Or under the rear seat.
--
*Sleep with a photographer and watch things develop