Battery Disconnect

I need to disconnect the battery in my 2000 323i E46 to install a cd changer/ipod adapter. Anyone know of any cautions to take before disconnecting?

Does disconnect cause a need for reprogramming anything on the vehicle (radio code, on-board computer, .... ???)

Reply to
steal

I have diconnected the battery on my 2000 323 with no problems. You might need the radio security code to get it back to life.

Reply to
Thomas Wright

I didn't on my 03 E46 M3, but I have nav

Reply to
Tom Scales

No worries, just disconnect it and everything will be back to life without a code.

Reply to
Brian Lam

Steve, any number of supply stores sell a very simple "memory" holding devices based on a lighter plugin male plug with a 9volt battery connector at the end of its wire. Putting the ordinary little battery into the connector and then plugging it into the socket seems to work fine and safely.

Reply to
Bobcat