Battery Disconnect

I need to disconnect the battery in my 2000 323i E46 to install a cd changer/ipod adapter. Anyone know of any cautions to take before disconnecting?
Does disconnect cause a need for reprogramming anything on the vehicle (radio code, on-board computer, .... ???)
steal wrote:

might need the radio security code to get it back to life.

I didn't on my 03 E46 M3, but I have nav
No worries, just disconnect it and everything will be back to life without a code.
On 1/3/07 1:11 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net, "Thomas Wright"

Steve, any number of supply stores sell a very simple "memory" holding devices based on a lighter plugin male plug with a 9volt battery connector at the end of its wire. Putting the ordinary little battery into the connector and then plugging it into the socket seems to work fine and safely.