best use for '90 525i, 245k miles, bad transmission?

I have a 1990 525i with 245,000 miles and a non-working transmisison. What's the best use for it? How can I get top dollar for it?

Reply to
Notgiven

Install a used transmission?

Reply to
Richard Sexton

what is not working is it not changing gear. can you repair it your self ?

Reply to
Jim

I do not have the place or tools to do it myself. A mechanic I talked to over the phone (he was interested in buying it) said he thought it was the APC.

It goes in reverse but not forward any gears.

I found a used tranny for $375 and a mechanic could instlal it for $400 - $600. I still have a used car with 245k miles. In the meantime I bought a

1997 528, so I don't have to have this car running.
Reply to
Notgiven