Best Winter Tire - My 2 Cents

Without question - HAKKAPELIITTA Rsi Winters are outstanding. Having tried many of the other brands (on my 3rd BMW) these tires have outperformed all previous makes. Incredible grip in all conditions, quiet -
yes - quiet and ok at highway speeds and on on-ramps.
I put 215's on my 2002 540 and have had no issues.
My experiece living here in north Subury Ontario canada on a undeveloped rural road no snow plows and steep 45 degre hill for a drive way is the michilin artic alpines for ice and snow. George Johnston wrote:

I doubt you have a 45 degree drive. That's twice as steep as most ski slopes, and almost as steep a slope that snow will stick to. Perhaps you mean 45 percent?
FloydR
your right I exagerated on the 45 degree slow just to make a point , the tire great!
Floyd Rogers wrote:

Let's be sensible here. The best winter tires are the ones on the commercial airliner that takes you to Florida.
End of discussion.

I've been to Florida. I disagree. Strongly.