better brake performance

check the old posts regarding slotted/drilled rotors and found this thread:

in summary, drilled/slotted rotors are not better than the OEM solid rotors

ok so I replaced my worn out front pads with Pagid OEM-like pads and changed the brake fluid....brakes are a lot better, however my new pads smoke from time to time (my indie mechanic says they are setting in and will smoke like that)..

my question: anything else to upgrade the brakes? in the thread that I posted, someone said putting stainless braided lines will cure the spongy feel of the brakes...

anyone else feel the same? is this a worthwhile upgrade?

Reply to
sportrider90

wrote

Do your brakes feel spongy when they heat up or all the time? If it's all the time, then you have another issue. IMO, the stainless lines (and high perf. brake fluid) may be valuable if you track the car and beat the crap out of your brakes. For typical street driving it's not necessary.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

True. Even after bedding in, you can get them hot enough to smoke a bit; even the OEM pads. You probably just never noticed.

I've never known SS lines to be a *bad* thing, but you may not notice much. If you don't have the money to spend for something that *may* not make a difference, then don't buy them.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Reply to
E28 Guy©

You will have to select your model number for specifics.

grinder