Birth of a Sports Car

Speed network had a really good show on last night that covered the 645ci that is currently in production from artist drawing through production. Showed a lot of the processes and tooling used to build
the car. Anyone else catch it? Learned a lot of stuff about how these cars are built. Ford and Chevrolet have a lot of catching up to do if they want to survive in the modern car market and seeing as they're hurting now, I don't see it happening...
Psycho wrote:

I had to laugh. 645 a sports car? Pah-lease!
--
-Fred W

Hasn't the 645 been replaced by the 650 - or is that only in North America?
Tom K.

Correct. Here in the UK too. You can still get the 630 as well.
--
Sam

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:08:17 -0400, "Tom K."

I saw a car commercial the other day (don't remember for what car though) where they were touting it had more interior room than a BMW 760i. Is this a new car I haven't heard of or just a neat way to get around truth in advertising?

It's the current 7 series with the V-12 motor. The extended wheelbase version is the 760Li.
http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/7/760isedan/default
Tom K.
The Hyundai Azera states that in their commercials.

That's the one. I hadn't heard of a 760 and didn't really think it was a real car...

Psycho wrote:

there is one widely available on the intarweb covering the making of an e46... from pressing of the metal sheets to the final buff, it's about 20 minute and it's very interesting
i'm pretty sure it's on google video
Psycho wrote:

"Artist drawing"? Really? And here was me thinking that one day the 6 simply fell out of the ugly tree... =P