Bit below front lights and above bumper is rusted through...

I guess this is the front panel' or something. Is it easily replaced?
I started scraping the paint off with a view to putting on some 'rust-eater' and the scraper went right through!
Lordy 1994 E36 Coupe
Lordy wrote:

yo,
my own "vintage" 1991 E36 320i has 3 areas of rust.....the major onw was the boot (trunk) where a combination of wet and acid rolling around had casued the problem. This, I would _expect_ from a BMW of the same age..... the only othe bits are tint bubbles on 2 of the wings, not worth sorting for another few years. Just have to wonder what area your "modern" machine has been kept in to get so rusty.....
http://www.hacksawgaming.com
servers so good, it's like cheating.....
On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 00:25:31 +0000, Roger wrote:

Just normal PLG usage in & around Londinium ! I think the front panel rusted from the back to the front though because there wwas bubbling under the paintwork at various spots the length of the panel but no significant chipping or cracks.
I've really got to pull out the spare tyre and make sure thats OK too.. I'm scared of what I will see...
Lordy