Bluetooth - anyone had it fitted (retro?) to a later (2002 > 745i)

Has anyone here ever inquired, had it fitted (retro or otherwise) to the new shape 7 series. The 2002/3 cars come with a BMW coms pack and telephone hard
wired but what I want is to use my personal Nokia 6230i with the bluetooth kit and I keep getting different answers form _ Can't be done - 2K GB Pounds and 400 quid mate no problem!
Well what is the definitive answer?
Sir Hugh of Bognor
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:51:19 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

So I take it nobody knows ------------------????
Sir Hugh of Bognor
On Mar 7, 9:14 am, snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

Either that or they don't want to tell you....
Firstly, not fitted one, secondly have you had a look here? Not sure about help for the 7 from the description (as I dont have one), but there is quite a good description for what is needed for the E46 (which you don't have and is of little help to you).
http://www.bimmernav.com/BMW_E65_Bluetooth_Retrofit.html
The difference between men and boys is age.

Oh no it isn't ---------------
However, I am much obliged for this info and I thank you sir. Very helpful. (and interesting)
Sir Hugh of Bognor
On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:14:55 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

worth it.
Advanced Autovations sells retrofit kits; I've been putting off installing one in my X so I can't verify first-hand what the process is like--but, there's quite a few articles on X5 World from people who have used the kits.
Advanced Autovations: http://www.advancedautovations.com /
X5 World: http://www.x5world.com /
--Good Luck Cedrick

We use the BTUM in our 2003 7 series with both of our Motorola V3 phones. Cost @ $300 at dealer. There is a BTUM model for both the 8000 and 9000 model BMW phone, check your phone as BMW changed from the 8000 model to the 9000 model during the 2003 model year. The 9000 model which we have just slides into place. The Bluetooth security number is printed right on our BTUM. The 8000 model requires a little more fussing.
Also check the compatibility for your phone on the BMW site as not all phones are guaranteed to work.
Kathleen

Thanks for that --------- I did find the US site Bimmernav? where they list a couple of kits for the BMW phones.
However I bit the bullit and bought a 6 month old example with 3500 miles on the clock - dealer demo - dealer principle transport - Small City in Scotland - Inverness. September 2006 almost fully loaded.
Its the 730d (turbo diesel) - nice.........!
They delivered it free - all 1000 miles $100 diesel (UK Price) (50 litres) new number plates and bluetooth phone cradle.
Hugh

Bognor Regis, W.Sussex, England, UK