BMW 1

Courtesy a car-hire company I had a BMW 116 for a couple of days last week. The engine was certainly lively and probably as good as it gets for one that
size. The interior was quite pleasant, thought the space between the clutch pedal and the foot rest was rather small, even for my small left foot.
The big surprise was the gear box. Clunky and difficult to shift; I had expected a hot-knife-through-butter feeling. The SEAT Toledo (mid-market brand in VW group) I had after that was noticeably better on both counts (foot space and transmission).
DAS