BMW 3 or 5 series

I am looking in to buying a used BMW 3 or 5 series. Any recomendations?
John
http://www.LuxuryCarForums.com

Personally, the choice is yours.
I have a '94 3 Series, and I looked at replacing it once with a newer 5 Series on the notion that the 5 would be larger. I was surprised to find that it really wasn't that much bigger, it wasn't enough bigger to justify changing one perfeclty good car for another, but it was enough larger to buy it if I was out to buy a new car and didn't care about the price differential. That is, if I had any car from Brand X and was convinced that it was time to replace it, then the 5 would be a better choice for me than the 3, but since I got a great deal on my 3, I wouldn't trade it for a 5 just because I wanted more room.
Get it?