Bmw 316 i compact

Hi,
I am undecided between 2 very similar cars. 1. 316i compact-1997 101,000 on the clock bmw service history untill 45,000. 2. 316i compact- 1998 120,000 on the clock with full Bmw service history.
There is very little difference in price but 20,000 in milege. I have been advised that if it does not have full service history then you are asking for trouble.
Just wondering what you guys would do?
Also how many miles do you think it should go for?
TOP TEN SNOOKER

I'd get the one with full history. I bought a '90 318iS with 122k and FSH five years ago. It now has 185 and runs just fine.

I'd get a 318ti instead. Won't cost anymore to run but it's a lot more fun to drive.

Depends how well it's looked after!
I'd agree with John, get a 318ti. Much more fun and shouldn't cost much more.
If you do go for one of the 316's from what you say it's a no brainer. The 98 is a year newer and has FSH. A difference of 19k miles when they've both done 100k+ is negligible. However, make sure you personally check them over. The 98 could have a FSH and be a wreck!
If serviced properly the engines should go for at least another 100k miles. Most of the usual high mileage items(shocks, mounts, clutch etc.) may well have been replaced by 100k so if you're lucky they could be good for another 50k without too many problems.

Thank you very much for your advice ,I will follow it. Thanks again Viv