BMW 318 manufactured in 1999

Can anyone advise me how to go about changing the starter motor? It looks as if the injection system has to come off! I cant see a way of getting at it from underneath...
Advice please guys C
--
minsterman
According to Chilton you do not have to remove the manifold. or the injection rail. You do have to remove fuel lines, the strut supporting the intake manifold, the dipstick tube and it's support, the airflow meter and air filter housing. It really pays to get yourself a book if you're going to work on the car.

I hate to ding your choice of manuals, but if one is only going to have one reference manual for his BMW, it should be one from Robert Bentley Publishers. It is clear and concise. The pictures and diagrams actually match that which is found while working on the car.
I agree with your point though ...

PS I did not reply to the OP because my Bentley manual does not cover his year. My manual only covers to 1998.

I agree with you completely regarding the Bentley manuals ..... but. My car is a '91 318is which I love dearly except for the fact that it is a real orphan when it comes to repair manuals. An e30 chassis with an e36 engine and who knows about the in between things. So I have the e30 manual from Bentley, a pdf version of the Bentley e36 manual that I found on the internet, and I bought the Chilton manual because it said it covered 1989 through 1998 3 series but it doesn't really do justice to any of them.