BMW 320D E46

Hello,

I am the owner of a 5 months old BMW 320d E46 with manual gear box. I notice a slight problem when doing low revs and then accelerating

When I drive at 1800 revs and acceleratate to 2000revs or more I feel a slight hesitation, you can compare the feeling with the feeling you have when you drive a car with an automatic gear-box when its changes gear. Above

2000 revs it drives great.

Maybe this feeling is normal for a Turbodiesel Car ? Maybe I can't expect after driving a non-diesel car for 13 years that a diesel is as smooth as a non diesel car?

Kind Regards Koen

Reply to
News.skynet.be

Hi Koen,

There is a zone with turbo-lag. It could be you that you are in a too high a gear, downshift and have more revs.

There used to be a problem with a faulty sensor, maybe you could ask your dealer to have a look at it.

grtz,

Bart

1999 320d E46 136bhp
Reply to