bmw 325 I SE

TROUBLE WITH HEATER BLOWING COLD AIR WHEN TICKING OVER, OK WHEN RUNNING AT NORMAL SPEEDS. PLEASE ANY HELP OUT THERE!!

Reply to
HIBEE

Either you have air in the system (time to re-bleed it) or a bad water pump.

If it's an E36 325i (1991 to 95 roughly) then your water pump has a metal shaft and plastic impeller if they detach it causes problems. Replacement pump will be all metal.

Reply to
John Burns

"HIBEE" a écrit dans le message news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Usually, when exposed too long in cold air, I get a cold. And when I get a cold, i also have a loss of voice.

You seem to be an exception or is your key board caps lock iced down ?

Reasonably, the thermostat may be stuck open. The water doesn't reach the nominal temperature. I had this problem years ago with a 316i. In addition the engine was running roughly in the same conditions as yours during the winter. Believe me, the BMW dealer replaced, under guaranty, twice the injectors ans a lot of stuff. They never found that the thermostat was bad !!!!!!! I replaced myself. Everything ran fine after.

Reply to
frischmoutt