BMW 328i Mis Firing at low RPM

hi All, Was wondering having a few problem with my 328i i just put a recon engine into it im having trouble with it mis firing, now it only starts to
mis fire when it reaches operating temp and when i drive it an put the foot door at low rpm it mis fires badly but as soon as it hits 3000rpm its fine .any ideas.?????????????????????? or any one heard of this before

First thing to do is read the fault codes.
the thing is its not registering it as a fault no engine check light comes on when it faults could it be crapy spark plugs or supressers

"Shane Ward via CarKB.com" wrote:

You need to tell us the year. However, misfire under heavy load (foot down) at low rpm is almost garanteed to be "weak spark" that's "blowing out" under the high cylinder pressure.
Frank
its a 1996 328i coupe i just bought new bmw spark plugs to see would that make a difference but it didnt. i changed the landda probs the two off them cause it was running lean on 3 cycliners so dont know wots up with it

Hi Shane
My E36 M3 had really strange misfiring problems with no fault codes. Under acceleration the engine was pretty much fine, but if the revs were held steady or decelerating, it missed like mad. After lots of head scratching the problem disappeared when I removed all the relays from the box under the bonnet on the passenger side (UK passenger!), sanded down the contacts on them and sprayed with WD40 before replacing.
Don't know if this is at all helpful, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 328 had a similar layout...
HTH
Spugs