BMW 330i 2006: More power required

Hello Everybody, I have a BMW 330i 2006 model with sports suspensions and 18" rims. every thing in the car is stock

I had heard of a rumor that if you mess up with the electronic of the car you could get about 30 more horsepower by simply connecting a cable between two points. The idea was that engine becomes more responsive. Seeing what a great job BMW does with the performance of engine it hard for me to digest the earlier statement. Have heard of supercharger but i guess installing such aftermarket hook ups would void my 50000 miles bumper to bumper coverage.

I have runflat tyres and rims intalled. Only one tyre at the back is not Runflat. This was a mistake of the previous owner. With the runflat rim and no runflat type (but with all the other spec being same ) should this tyre be replaced. ( they are new tyres )

I would appreciate your comments. Regards Saurabh.

Reply to
saurabh.saini

Well I've never heard of an extra 30bhp from a siple wiring job. If you want more power look to an M3 or do a driver training day and get the most of what you've got. Any engine mods do will invalidate your warranty.

Reply to
TonyK

Won't invalidate the warranty in the US. They have to be able to prove that the failure was related to the specific mod.

Reply to
Tom Scales

Forget the warranty, you have to prove "you could get about 30 more horsepower by simply connecting a cable between two points." Now that would be a good trick! Let us know how that works!

Reply to
bfd

Perhaps this simple wire is the one that goes from the full throttle switch on the throttle position sensor to the solenoid valve on the nitrous bottle in the trunk.

Reply to
Jack