BMW 335

The current issue of Roundel reports that BMW will, in a year or so, be offering a 3.0 liter petrol engine with bi-turbos similar to the 3.0 diesel. Not the twin turbo one, but the bi-turbo with dissimilar sized spinners. At the moment I don't remember horsepower figure accurately but 352 sticks out in my mind.

Am I behind the curve and you guys have already known about it, because I don't believe I have read anything about a turbo gas engine for new BMWs so it kind of surprised me.

Reply to
Ross Garrett

BMW did say in their company magazine a few months back that they were looking into turbos for the petrol engines. However, they said this was a long term view and weren't likely to be releasing one any time soon.

Either they've had a big change of heart or it's just the roundel writer's take on things.

I'd also be astounded if BMW were to release an ordinary 3 series that could out-perform the M3.

Reply to
zerouali

well if they did, which is very unlikely, it still wouldn't out run the next generation M3 which will use the new M5's V10 engine redesigned with two cylinders removed - V8 with same build and technology applied.

snipped-for-privacy@canada.com

Reply to
330xi

Agreed, but a turbo in "a year or so" would be out before the new M3, which is why I find it so unlikely.

Reply to
zerouali