BMW 335d coupe fitting process and materials used

Hi,
I have cracked my wing and discovered that there is glue under the wing as if it has been repaired before. The garage I bought it from are claiming that it is factory fitted and that BMW use glue to fit wings when they build the cars.
I would like to know if this is true or if the garage I bought the car from are trying to avoid paying for the repair or not can some one confirm please?
Regards, Mark
Forgot to mention it is a 2008 model 335d M Sport Auto.
On Wednesday, 6 November 2013 17:00:37 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

I'm confused. If the wing is broken, it needs to be fixed. I'm missing how the method of attachment should be an issue with regards to the repair.
Glue it or screw it, it's broken. If you want to visit a BMW dealer and look at a car with the same part, then maybe this would help you understand the issues with how they attach parts.
I see nothing wrong with glueing stuff on, if the glue works. And, if the part is screwed on by the factory and broke once and was repaired by glue, then get a new part and screw it on. One of the pit-falls of buying a used car is that the previous owner might have damaged something that you are burdened with fixing properly.