bmw 518

hi, guys new member couple of problems on my 93 518 beemer. first fuel gauge needle goes to full have changed sender/fuel pump i,m thinking faulty earth but don,t know where to look. secondly the car has a piranha
alarm fitted with a one button remote when you press it once the doors lock then open at once. any idea,s ? thanks guy,s hope you can help

The latter is a common E34 problem. One of your lock solenoids is broken or sticking. Make sure the fuel filler flap's lock is engaging properly.

Where are the solenoids located? I have a problem where the doors lock but when I double lock (with alarm) the alarm goes off within 10 seconds. So essentially there is no alarm. The blinking light on the dash indicates the hatchback sensor was activated.