bmw 525 td 1994

I recently aquired a 1994 bmw 525 td and everytime I pull away the engine stalls unless I rev the engine. The engine seems to become a tiny bit unstable when just coming off idle. Otherwise the car runs fine with no
problems. The car has 150k on the clock with full service history. Can anyone help please.

Has it been sitting a while?
Are you in a warm climate?
How recently were the fiel filter(s) changed?
Without knowing any more - and this never hurts - run two cans of Lubro Moly Diesel Purge through it to clean out the injection pump, injectors and whatnot. (or equiv - anything with octyl nitrate in it).
I'd check there are no vacuum leaks in the intake rubber piping. Even a tube with a small split underneath can cause this.
John Burns wrote:

and replaced it and it cured the problem by about 90%. It still has the same problem but on a smaller scale.
Jedthedog wrote:

I also need a spare single button remote for the central locking--imobbiliser- -alarm. Has anyone out there got a remote that I could buy off them?