BMW 525D Touring Brake Warning light

I have recently replaced the brake pads, front & rear on my 525 D Touring a 2001 model but the brake warning light has not gone off. Does this need a
computer reset or will it be a sensor problem. Ay ideas?
Ric M
it could be that the contacts for the brake light are corroded - this would initiate a warning, even though the light is (yet) working ...