BMW 550 Electronic Problems

Well, I am a new BMW owner, about a 1000 miles. It is the most fun to drive. But they really need to improve the electronics. Problems I have had:
1) iDRIVE: sometimes it starts up right away, and sometimes it just sits on the BMW screen for 10-15 seconds 2) CD Changer: Should be in the dash and easier to reach. Also, it DOESN"T play mp3's. Only the CD player in the dash plays MP3s. Of course the sales person told me the opposite. 3) Key memory for your settings: Comfort access doesn't automatically switch to the new driver. you have to hit the "unlock" button on the remote for the settings to come back. What good is remote access if it doesn't recognize you?? Crazy to me.
The perfect car: A BMW with the electronics from Lexus. Someone tell them!
ag wrote:

No. The perfect car, a BMW *without* all of the electronics.
Wish there was an electronics delete option...
--
-Fred W

Then it simply wouldn't run. But going back to carbs and mechanical ignition would also mean it could never meet current emissions regs. It would also be much less powerful and use more fuel.
--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

not sure why you say it would not be as powerdul with a carbprator ?,, i see 1000 hp on some carborated engines -- fuel efficient may be a little different but it still is pretty good
London SW

I've seen a pic of an Alpina prepared E24 //M635CSi with tripple carbs, wonder what that went like ;-)

You might get the same maximum power but less at different engine speeds. Injection close to the inlet valve gives better atomisation. And the only carbs that came close to injection for fuel efficiency were also electronically controlled.
--
*OK, who stopped payment on my reality check?