bmw 90' 535i shut off

my 1990 bmw 535i was running great until it acted like it was out of gas. Then it shut off the same way. I could start it up for a while but it would start to smoke black exhaust then shut off again. everyone
says its getting to much gas. does anyone know whats realy going on or how to fix it?
join bimmer.info forums... the best for that car http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f

My 635CSi did this once. It had blown off a vacuum hose on the intake manifold. Check all the air hoses and connected OK and not split.