BMW Bavaria - SAFE

My 328i 1995 model's stereo system is just showing SAFE in the LED display panel. What is wrong and how do I fix it, if anyone happens to know?
I was listening to the radio while rewinding a casette tape. When the tape
stopped, the display changed to SAFE, and since then there is no sound either.
Any help appreciated
Regards MW
MW de Jager wrote:

It thinks it lost power and wants you to re-input the security code.
-jim