I appreciate a hastey reply . Thanks in advnce.

From: ) Subject: Re: E36 - Broken hood release cable

View this article >Does anyone know how to open the hood without using the cable on an E36?

The following might help, I would check the part about the grills clipping back together before I banged them very hard. Have you talked to the Service Manager at your local BMW dealer or maybe to the Body Shop Foreman?

Joe Black wrote: >>Bang the black part of each grille firmly with your fist. It will separate >>from the chrome surround and they can be removed. (they clip back together >>easily). There are two catch points that you will be able to see. You may >>need to push the plastic air ducting aside. With a torch you will see a >>small slot on each catch. Insert an appropriate size screwdriver and push. >>This should release the catch.

Reply to
SERPICOMANmlt