BMW CAR STEREO?

Hi have put my new cd player into my bmw and it looks stupid, its silver, and flips open with 2 screens and covers up all my climate control buttons -
no good.
now i am realising most cd players are silver.
Anyone know of any very good stereos cd players with at least 2/3 outputs which are black and look good in an E36
any help or if anyone wants to do a swap would be appreciated
regards
toby
snipped-for-privacy@beer.com
I'm not sure what you mean by 2/3 outputs, but I have a Nakamichi CD 400 on the way for my car, specifically because of the reasons you mentioned (not to mention it's supposed to be a very good head unit). I think it looks pretty darn good, as opposed to just about everything else). There are a couple other nakamichi head units that look good too. Also, I think you can get them in UK (I know you can't in the US and you can in at the very least continental europe) Becker (becker.de) makes 2 good looking head units. Richard

Eclipse.
The Nacamichi's have great CD sections, but the tuner is average at best. Reliability has been an issue also. I had a CD-7 and the radio sucked. Maybe they have changed. The CD section was awesome.

Look at the Nakamichi. I bought a new one off ebay. Looks almost stock, and the color leds can be switched to orange to match the rest of the car. Tuner has been fine, and as I generally listen to NPR or CDs so I'm often looking for weak stations. Mine also has an aux input, mute, and the ability to entirely turn off the display. I'll also say it sounds great, but I do have to add the disclaimer that as I roll into my mid 40s I realize I may have spent too much time with chainsaws and airplanes ( not to mention a few Who and Phish concerts) to have anything near the hearing I used to have.
I have yet to see an aftermarket replacement head unit in a late model (non-DIN radio) BMW that looked good. Your stock radio should be capable of controlling a CD changer (either directly or with an adapter). Alpine makes a CD changer that plays MP3's (instead of 6 x's 15 songs / disk, its more like 6 x's 100) and there have been numerous successful installs of that unit.
Most mods to the BMW radio include a multichannel amp (or amps) and replacement speakers ... particularly subs (check out JL Audio) and retain the head unit.
Current trend is away from CD (and the dinosaur cassette) and toward MP3. It's possible to integrate an iPod (most popular player, most support) to varying degrees with the car's audio system. 100's to 1000's of tunes, easily updateable. Makes the CD player or changer superfluous.
R / John