BMW driver without any scruples ( Video- Footage )

A BMW driver without any scruples. I hope this guy's drivers license and car disappears soon from the radar. He can be lucky not to have crashed into the opposite traffic at the on-ramp. Just ridiculous ....
what an a-hole .. Greetings from Hansi http://www.jumpingpixels.com/bmw2.html

Yep - quite an a-hole ... Hopefully no innocent people were harmed. Where are the cops when they're needed?
On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:41:35 GMT, Cody

quite a *skilful* a-hole, actually.

Bad cop, no donut.
--
Dan.

I dunno.. people are always "Skillful" until they hit someone and hurt themselves.. or worse still someone else..
waffled on about something:

I agree that is true about a lot of people, but that guy obviously set the car into a deliberate drift and controlled it nicely... (Deliberate cos he got his mate there with a camera).
Having said that, doing it on a public road with innocent road users as crash barriers is just insane.
If I ever see anyone doing something like that, the chap in the field with the video camera's gonna get a kicking.
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

Q: Why do BMW drivers drive like that??
A: Because they can.
The downside of putting stability control on these cars.

Oooh bull... This is older than Jesus' donkey. Couple of BMW's colleagues filmed it in Ljubljana, capital of Slovenia couple of years agp. That is one very small country in Europe :-p Car is (obviously) E34 M5 and yes, that is a bit insane but guy can handle his wheels. Though the word was that car ended infamously over the roof ;-) But that area is more and more famous for probably best BMW drift action in Europe. Here is some more :-) http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/31...lna_Linija.mpg (trailer) Now, you shouldn't be so harsh when you see something like this, and that is for two main reasons: 1. Unfortunately, these areas don't have lot's of adequate space for enthusiasts of this kind. Actually, they don't have them at all, except for a track of two, mostly closed for general population. 2. Some of us know why we drive BMW, and that is not "to be seen in BMW" or to have more success in "getting laid". :-)
-- It's a good idea to drive a little Japanese/Ford/whatever shopping machine once a year to remind yourself why you're in a BMW for the rest of the year. by John Burns. '98 328i coupe t.
Tomislav Buric wrote:

Oh... OK. So it's OK to drive like a luntic and endanger other innocent people (who happen to be sharing the same road) if it's in a small country with an inadequate number of race tracks.
--
-Fred W

No, of course it's not. But if you were in similar situation it would definitely be easier to understand something like this and comments wouldn't be so shallow, if you know what I mean :-) You see, my hobbies (with tendencies of becoming a second carrier) are safety driving courses/track days/drift challenges and I spent a lot of time with guys with like this one. They crash cars, but they don't kill people. Average killer behind the wheel is either an kid with 1-4 years of driving career and with no extreme and mileage experience (but with an "attitude" about its driving skills) , or an middle age alcoholic. That doesn't approve such behaviour on so frequent public roads and scaring numerous civilians on it, but, take a guess; some time after this movies were released, a cop free training ground was provided near by.
-- It's a good idea to drive a little Japanese/Ford/whatever shopping machine once a year to remind yourself why you're in a BMW for the rest of the year. by John Burns. '98 328i coupe t.
And is this anywhere near Ljubljana? I must avoid it next time I go.. and I expect there will be a next time maybe even this year...
DAS
"Tomislav Buric" < snipped-for-privacy@zg.htnetrajngla.hr> wrote in message
news:e1614m$ofe$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.carnet.hr...

I've already written where it is. You know, it's really great to have the opportunity to avoid places where you can loose your head, don't you agree?
P.S. If your really must go there, feel free to mail me, I will protect you from such lunatics without any scruples free of charge :-p
-- It's a good idea to drive a little Japanese/Ford/whatever shopping machine once a year to remind yourself why you're in a BMW for the rest of the year. by John Burns. '98 328i coupe t.
Dobar Dan (at least that's what it is in Serb...)
Sorry, you did say Ljubljana... I should have looked at your earlier post.
Don't worry, I won't ask which road. The video clip suggest suburbs or further out. And you did say that a test track was opened.
Because taxis are (still) cheap by my standards I don't usually drive myself and so can rely on local drivers' knowledge to keep me out of trouble...
It has been some years since I hired a car to drive from Portoroz to Zagreb...
Monday I am scheduled to go east again for a couple of days (almost everywhere in Europe is east of London). In fact, in a horizontal line...which means....guess.... Warsaw...
DAS
"Tomislav Buric" < snipped-for-privacy@zg.htnetrajngla.hr> wrote in message
news:e168uq$vpb$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.carnet.hr...

:-) That's exactly how we say it in Croatia as well :-)

Actually, drivers here are quite fine with "by the book" driving. Of course, every dog has it's day.

Im near Zagreb. Today Zagreb is one big work site with capital investments made in order to improve traffic. Unfortunatelly, no plans for rising suburban riot of street racers, drifter and other underground activities that include driving. Interesting how we quickly copy that Fast 'n Furious crap...

Some say (mostly proud Brits) UK is not Europe :-) Hope you will enjoy the trip. I love to travel, especially to destinations where I get more for my money than home.
-- It's a good idea to drive a little Japanese/Ford/whatever shopping machine once a year to remind yourself why you're in a BMW for the rest of the year. by John Burns. '98 328i coupe t.
A (delayed) response... During that Zagreb visit at the start of my business meeting I was trying to say the names of the people there. When I pronounced one of them the person concerned corrected my pronunciation and told me disdainfully that here in Croatia one did not speak Slovene...Of course the correction was minor... (I did not mind the correction, which I would have welcomed in general, just his rather silly attitude.)
I think that guy had a personal problem...
:-) DAS
"Tomislav Buric" < snipped-for-privacy@zg.htnetrajngla.hr> wrote in message
news:e18v5o$cgm$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.carnet.hr...

Oh, I hope you didn't take it personally :-) Like everywhere we also have such pitiful souls that find their pleasure in making someone feel uncomfortable just because they can. Some time ago I browsed over www.roadmc.com and red about Norwegian traffic fines and their traffic law in general (http://www.roadmc.com/default.asp?pubidR9&pub=1&sub=5 ) and I was open mouthed. I thought gee, this is probably worse than having talibans lead the country. There I would probably spend half of my life in jail, and other half working in parole to pay the fines... And then an acquaintance from our national usenet group wrote his experiences from Norway where he went for a drive vacation few weeks ago. He drew "by the book", particularly following speed regulations and found himself terrorised with almost ANY vehicle on the road, from civilian car, buses to snow plough trucks. And the routine was; tailgating for couple of kilometres, then risky overtaking with light and horn signals followed by "handwork". A great way to behave toward a tourist who only wanted to relax and enjoy, who followed their laws and brought some money to their economy. Here in Croatia the situation is quite opposite; on highway you will find mostly foreign drivers enjoying cruising on left side of the highway, mostly little below limit, they overtake with 5km/h greater speed, not paying attention to upcoming faster cars while changing lanes... Czechs and Austrians are the champions. It's the stupid philosophy "I drive this way because I can and have the right to it". Such people sometimes don't make it to their destination although they drive by the book... Sorry for off topic and privatizing the group :-)))
-- It's a good idea to drive a little Japanese/Ford/whatever shopping machine once a year to remind yourself why you're in a BMW for the rest of the year. by John Burns. '98 328i coupe t.
There are intolerant nuts everywhere.
As regards the Norwegian traffic rules, they do seem rather excessive. Must be the way Britain is going, though... BTW, the "give way to the right" in the absence of other signs is throughout western (or all) Europe, I thought, though not Britain.
DAS
"Tomislav Buric" < snipped-for-privacy@zg.htnetrajngla.hr> wrote in message
news:e2gohh$qee$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.carnet.hr...
what an old woman... you don't deserve to drive a BMW