BMW E36 316 AUTO GEARBOX HELP

I have been looking about for the refill point and dipstick levels for my bm's auto transmission, i cant for the life of me find where it is can someone please point me in the right direction.
I am finding a rather strange gear change happening, sometimes its smooth, sometimes its okay, and sometimes it wont change when i need it to ie: overtaking and i am getting quite abit of noise from somewhere and have been told it me be due to needing some fluid in any help with my new car would be wonderful :) thanks snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk

There is no dipstick on this gearbox. Just drain and fill plugs.

I'd change the fluid as a first step.