BMW E36 318i SE Autochanger problems

During a long journey yesterday, my autochanger stopped working. When the cd player switched from CD3 to CD4, the head unit read "CD ERROR". When we stopped, we realised that CD4 was empty, so we shifted all the CDs up so 1-5 were all taken. The head unit still read "CD ERROR". But now, the magazine won't come out. After checking my empty cd cases and reading various posts on here, I think the cause is two cds in one slot. I've managed to activate the emergency release, but it doesn't allow me to remove the unit, when I press the open button, the light comes on and it whirrs, but no action.

I think if I get the magazine out all will be well, but I can't manage to get it out; is it easy to manually disassemble?

Any ideas???

Reply to
Rodpunn

Update on the above:

I've managed to remove the magazine but have found there is a cd stuck in the player. Is there an easy way to remove this??

Cheers

Rob

Reply to
Rodpunn