bmw e38 1995 740i electrical problem

This car is acting up big time. first the driver seat forward and back function wont work, this also took out the up and down function to the steering wheel. I change the main seat module switch and the
seat worked and steering wheel worked for about 30 seconds and cut off again. Days later they started working again and the next day they stopped. This is on going one day working the next they are not: Now the sound system stopped working all together. The system sound like crap when I bought it about a month ago, now its totally out. There was a sort of static clicking sound when I would raise the volume; which was very annoying and lead me to believe the something is going wrong with the system. I never owned a bmw before and do not know what the sound system should sound like but I knew it should have been better than what I was hearing. The truck deck speakers was very low and was over powered but the door speakers. The car seems haunted.
I think this problem is deep into the electrical system because all the items that work whenever they feel like it.
The big QUESTION HERE IS: what item or area of the electrical system could be causing this to happen. Are there any relay, control module, fuses that I can check for a possible solution? Any and all help will be appreciated.
Replace the ignition switch. A very common problem on this model.
Brett Anderson KMS - Koala Motorsport www.bmw-stuff.com