BMW E46 airbag advice plse

The warning light for the steering wheel airbag is now illuminated. Is there an easy way to reset this please? Also is this part of the UK MOT? TIA, Andy

Reply to
dont

There is only one airbag light that I am aware of, and it appears to be a bag coming out of the steering wheel.

The light can come on for any of several reasons, and requires a Scan Tool to reset the circuit. My guess is that the light is on because of a switch problem, most likely in the passenger seat but it could be any of many switches that control the activation of the airbags.

I'm in the USA, but I would imagine that any airbag light that is on would result is failing inspection.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
dont

You're welcome. Sorry I could not offer up any better response. the bottom line is that the airbag system is one that is not capable of repairing itself -- that is, some systems will give a warning light that goes away the next time you start the car, then may or may not reappear again later. The ABS system is one that can give a warning light, then not give the warning the next time you start the car. The Airbag system is one that requires specialized diagnostic equipment to diagnose, then reset the circuit.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland