BMW E46 Radio volumn stuck to max. high

Dear all

I was driving with my factory unit on playing a CD. I switched on my heating and suddenly the volumn of the radio went to maximum.

I cannot turn it down. I tried to using the volumne knob and the steering wheel controls but nothing happens.

What would be the likely outcome to fix this - change the Head Unit? Any expriences. Is this a common issue with BMWs.

Thanks

Zuv

Reply to
zuv

"zuv" wrote

Sounds like the auto-volume control has failed. It might be possible for the dealer to re-set it, but the head will probably need to be replaced.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

You could try switching auto volume control off, and see if manual volume control then works properly.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

YOU'VE HIT '11'! ROCK ON, DUDE!!!!!

-- C.R. Krieger (*WHAT?*)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

As an update: I left the car for 5 days and came back and the radio volume was back to normal. I have not checked the auto-volume yet but will definitely check that too. Many thanks Zuv

Reply to
zuv

Reply to
David P.Naylor