bmw elec. problems

I have a 86 bmw 325 and I started to lose power while driving, the radio went off and on, lost windshield wipers for a second, and the car became very sluggish. The battery eventually went dead. I just removed and had
my alternator tested and it is fine. Any suggestions before I send it to my mechanic? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Yes. If the alternator light bulb is defective, your alternator will not charge. The one one the dash.
Check the ground connections on the battery and alternator. Replace the main relay.