BMW Emblem removal

How do you remove an old chipped off BMW side panel emblem on a 2001 Z3. I have the new one to replace it but it's not as easy as I thought. When I open the hood and attempted to pull it off seems to be stuck. Any ideas
will be appreciated.

Very thin & sharp blade - e.g. razor blade AFAIK.

also maybe gentle warming with a hair drier....
davidinq8 wrote:

If you have the new one then you can see the mechanism of the fasteners. There are two hard plastic "posts" on the rear of the emblem that press-fit into two soft plastic grommets fitted into holes in the hood. To remove the emblem requires prying out the old one from the front, being careful not to scar the painted hood. Sometimes the "posts" will break off og the old emblem, in which case you can usually push the remainder of the post through the grommet to clear the way for the new one.
--
-Fred W

Fred W wrote:

the rear to weaken them enough to be easily pulled out.
WayneC wrote:

Perhaps, but I have never removed the sound-deadening blanket from the underside of my hood (bonnet)...
--
-Fred W

All I know is some guy in canada was pretty adept at removing mine. But, on a related note, when I replaced them, they don't sit on the car as tightly, they even wobble a bit (rock on the grommets) when you push on them... what did I do wrong? oh, E30 318is.
Matt
If it is held in as mentioend above, by the 2 plastic pegs and the rubber grommets - a good way of removing them without damaging the paintwork is to use one of your many pointless store-cards from your wallet to gently lever up the badge very slightly (safer than a screwdriver...even a covered one) then threaded a plastic cable tie under one side of the badge and out the other (ie: top to bottom).
You can then pull the cable tie, whilst moving it from left to right accross the width of the badge to release it.