BMW make special engine for 320Si!

BMW will be making a special 175bhp version of the current 2.0 petrol engine. It will ditch valvetronic in favour of a conventional throttle system.
The engine will be sold in a four door 320Si, due in he UK around April. This is being done for homologation purposes (they did something similar with the E36).
There is also talk of a lightweight two door and booted version of the one series with the same engine, in the spirit of the E30 //M3. Time will tell.
John Burns wrote:

I hadn't heard anything negative about valvetronic compared to a conventional throttle. Cost? Throttle response?

This won't be a cost issue. I'd be intersted to know more too. I'm surprised the higher performance engine has gone back to the old throttle system.