BMW navi

Hello there, A friend of mine owns a BMW (3-Series E46) bought in Germany. The car has BMW's navigation system. Will it work abroad? He will be visiting Greece.
Thanks in advance
Yes.... as long has you have a map disc for Greece!

Is this just a CD?

Greece.

...and if it's a DVD sat nav you will have all of Europe anyway.
--
Sam

The principle is like that, but are you sure there is a disc for Greece? I have a E61 with Navi Pro, and Greece is not covered by the DVD. As I've been told, it's because there is no digital map data for Greece for any system...
(disc covers Austria Andorra Belgium Switzerland Czech Republic Denmark Spain France Finland Lichtenstein Great Britain, Italy Ireland Luxembourg Monaco Norway Netherlands Portugal San Marino Swede Slovakia Vatican State)

Unfortunately that is what i hear too. Almost all Europe is covered except for Greece. I hoped there would be some CD/DVD released thanks to the Olympics held here...

Greece.