BMW North America - What is wrong with you people? (1 Series rant)

Page 2 of 2

If that IS the case, then the decision makers are completely out of touch with reality. I would never ever buy a Mini over a 1 Series and I doubt anyone who would want a 1 Seriesa hacth would consider a Mini an alternative. It's an ugly little novelty car.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the Mini is a great success. As regards being little both it and the 1 Series have stupid rear passenger space.
But they're both great cars to drive in their own ways.
--
*Preserve wildlife - Go pickle a squirrel*

Are they making a profit on it yet?
I was at the Oxford factory the other day for a seminar and tour and the marketing person wouldn't/couldn't say.
By its own standards sales volumes are certainly doing well, even in the US.
DAS
"Dave Plowman (News)" < snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...
BMW has many issues. I have never seen a positive review of the I wheel or talked to anyone who really liked the thing, most like me despise it, yet it remains the center control system of these cars. In truth, as a BMW owner, I totally fail to see the mystique of these cars. In fact I am shopping to replace this overpriced yuppie mobile. Until you get to the stratospheric price levels you are getting a Buick that handles better, not much else, at a super premium price. Come listen to the rattles in my 2006 5 series if you think fit and finish are anything in a BMW.

Again in some part I agree. The Buick and the Chrysler are great for the money and are just as comfortable if not better in some respects but new models every 2 years ???? I might buy a new car in 3 years or I might HAVE to keep it for another 10 and the ageless blending BMW/Merc (Cough Cough) designs will stay in fashion longer.
My 2007 740 has a rattle - a pencil in the storage drawer! Dammed noisy pencils???
You pays your money and takes your choice - I have seen the car "supermarkets" and the way cars are "sold" (ho ho) "How much a month" is not selling a car it is selling credit for the commission - the car is free.

Just so you know, there are no more "yuppies". It's dead terminology.
As for the fit and finish of ANY North American car va. what I have experienced in the BMW line...you're joking right? I can't speak toward your experience, but come have a ride in my 1998 318TI. No rattles, no issues, no problems 125k miles.
FWIW a number of people in the UK -- motoring journalists -- think that a Ford of Europe equivalent offers better value and great driving performance ('best in class'), but try selling a Ford against a BMW...
DAS
"gowanoh" <fac snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:yPzci.1324$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net...
Calling it an I wheel says it all, you dont have a BMW but wish you had one.

Drove a C30 the other week in Germany, where I got it from the rental company.
Great looking. Fairly good feel inside. Drove well.
DAS
< snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@z28g2000prd.googlegroups.com...