BMW paintwork warranty

Anyone know what the BMW policy is on paintwork ? My 17 month old 5 series front bumper as started to loose the lacquer and looks a mess. I spoke to a BMW bodyshop and they said it is only 12 months warranty on a bumper and would cost £350+ to rectify ! .My last 5 series did 160 000 miles with no sign of flaking.I would be interested if anyone else as had this problem.

Reply to
Bluemax

In the UK the paintwork is warranted for 3 years and for 12 years anti corrosion on the bodywork - unlimited mileage. Vehicle as a whole is covered for 3 years unlimited mileage.

I have found a small blemish on the bonnet or hood of my new 730d and also a blister on the paint finish of one of the wheels which I about to bring to the dealer's attention and claim on the warranty.

Reply to
Oscar