BMW paintwork warranty

Anyone know what the BMW policy is on paintwork ? My 17 month old 5 series front bumper as started to loose the lacquer and looks a mess. I spoke to a
BMW bodyshop and they said it is only 12 months warranty on a bumper and would cost 350+ to rectify ! .My last 5 series did 160 000 miles with no sign of flaking.I would be interested if anyone else as had this problem.

on the bodywork - unlimited mileage. Vehicle as a whole is covered for 3 years unlimited mileage.
I have found a small blemish on the bonnet or hood of my new 730d and also a blister on the paint finish of one of the wheels which I about to bring to the dealer's attention and claim on the warranty.