BMW R39 CD Changed not working.

Hi all,
I recently bought a 2000 BMW 540 and it came with a 6 CD Changer. I noticed the device was not plugged in so I pluged it in the power and coaxial cable i think. When I turned it on the audio system would not
turn on. (no lights in the stereo, nothing turns on not even FM) When I take the CD Changer off it works. I have DSP, any ideas what could be the problem? Don't want to spend the 300-400 to replace the cd changer if I can get it to work.
On 13 May 2007 17:29:21 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Was it advertised with CD player? If not then tough shit however, if it was then you have a claim against the seller whether a dealer or not.
Check it out and tell the seller you want compensation or they pay for the fix.
Has it got another non standard radio etc fitted?
Post you question here: Roadfly E39 forum. http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/e39 /
Much expertise there. I don't have DSP (a worthless and relatively expensive upgrade of a mediocre sound system), but if the CD setup is the same as my 2001 E39, the CD changer doesn't have a coax, but a signal cable and a power cable, both of which are keyed. The radio should then reflect 3 modes of operation: Radio, Cassette (2000 may have had an optional CD in the dash) and CD changer.
R / John

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

have an up to date system. http://www.isimplesolutions.com/prodDetail.asp?strID=6
I replaced my CD changer with the DICE unit. It was a bit more than $100.
R / John