BMW Radio bmw business

I am buying a E46 (2003), it is equipped with Radio BMW business which is a radio-cassette. I was wondering if i can spare the cassette unit and replace it with a cd unit without having to replace the whole head unit. Any information appreciated.

Reply to
stathis gotsis

The radio/casette is a unit - you replace the unit with a radio/cd unit - you cannot rebuild the Radio/casette unit into a radio/cd unit if that is what you meen

"stathis gotsis" skrev i en meddelelse news:di306i$2j65$ snipped-for-privacy@ulysses.noc.ntua.gr...

Reply to
ena

Regards, Laurie

Reply to
Laurie Bridges

No, you can not convert the cassette to a CD. You have to replace the radio with one that has a CD if you want that in the car. If you can make do with a 6-disc changer mounted in the trunk, then that is available from the dealer if it isn't already installed in the car.

Most BMWs these days get a 6-disc changer in the trunk.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

See if you can get a radio/mp3&CD player. 10 hours of music with a CD full of mp3 music.

Reply to
John

Some have boot mounted CD auto changers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There is an even simpler solution than repacing the car stereo.

Cigarette lighter mp3 player - Plugs into cigarette lighter socket and sends music out via FM. Your car stereo than receives your favourite music on an FM frequency of your choice. Mp3 music is read off your USB memoy stick.

Check it out at this link

I'm getting myself one of those as an x-mas gift.

MW

Reply to
MW de Jager

i use the fm transmitter on my ipod, and the noise/interference is very bad especially driving through the city, its so bad you cant hear anything

dogbreath

I got the car after all and it has Radio BMW Reverse after all, which is a radio-cassette. Does that take a 6CD unit in the trunk?

Reply to
stathis gotsis

And yet another question: if i choose to replace the unit with another one (not by BMW) can i still use the steering wheel controls? I have seen some MP3 units that support this feature but i am wondering if anyone has experience on this.

Reply to
stathis gotsis

"stathis gotsis" wrote

AFAIK, all BMW head units can control a trunk cd changer; has been that way for about 15 years.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

"stathis gotsis" wrote

Generally not. BMW has a unique wiring harness that precludes this feature with non-BMW heads.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers