BMW Radio Removal

:cry: I own a BMW 530SE which has the standard business radio/cassette player. The vehicle is 1999/2000. The radio does not work and i need to remove it.
The suggestions so far are. remove volume knob behind there is either a screw driver slot or allen key hole. insert either of the above and turn against spring pressure. Whilst held insert 2off spatulars either side and lever out the radio.
Problem There is only a piece of metel covering half of the hole behind the volume control. Pushing this to one side has some spring pressure but does not feel as if it is releasing anything. Trying to lever the radio out does not seem to work.
Any ideas please
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 03:13:25 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@uep.uk-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (David Hill) wrote:

Not that its any help, but I have just looked it up in my Haynes Manual (5-Series 96-03) and it lists the exact two methods you have.
I recently needed to remove my Business RDS Cassette to install a Dension ICE>Link and it was the screw-driver slot method that it needed. However I did need a torch to find the slot as it was very deeply set and I did spend an age trying to find a screwdriver with a small enough head to fit in it!
--

Shevek

iTunesRegistry.com: 4,199 tracks, 2.968 diversity

Try this link
http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalBmw530i1.htm
Never heard of a 530SE, are you referring to Sport Equipment?
R / John
"David Hill" snipped-for-privacy@uep.uk-dot-com.no-spam.invalid wrote in message

On my 2000 520, the hole could be rotated about 1/8 of a turn with a flat screwdriver. This releases a spring-loaded hook. With your other two hands, slide another scredwdriver down the side of the radio and lever it out with much more force than feels safe.
It slides out pretty easily after that.

lol, that sounds way too familiar!

--

Shevek

iTunesRegistry.com: 4,199 tracks, 2.968 diversity
either you have a screw slot or an allen key slot , turn it and pull radio out - thats it
Barry