BMW Service

As you say Dave there is NO DESIGN SPEED but they MUST adhere to the design parameters laid down and some Councils do not do this. About two years ago Hillingdon Council I think was fined thousands for a dangerous structure under Health & Safety regs and ordered to pay a couple of thousand pounds compensation to a guy that had a "super car" (Lambo or something) damaged by a road calming hump that was way over height and had the wrong approach angle.

We win sometimes but not often like Leslie Ash and the recent NHS payout for getting sick in Hospital. Problem my mum died due to getting a Hospital infection so couldn't sue.

Hugh

Reply to
hsg

Yes - obviously they have a maximum height. Although with road damage on the 'landing' side this isn't that reliable if you have a car with very low ground clearance. What makes the difference to the speed they can be taken at is the steepness of the ramp part - and this varies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Get a R 1200 GS instead. I have a Yamaha XTZ750 and when riding I choose streets with speed humps just because they're more fun. There's one hump near here where, at 60+ mph, you literally fly 10-20 meters.

When driving OTOH I really hate them. Driving my Jeep makes them a bit more tolerable, mainly because at 50 mph I hardly feel them. Of course, if there's a car in front you're SOL.

Ulf

Reply to
Ulf

Reply to