BMW X5 3.0i tires

I am about to replace tires on my X5. After reading the newsgroups I came to a conclusion that OEM Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus not a good choice for the car at all. Actually off road these tires suck. I do drive on snowy mountain passes and off road.

Any recommendations here?

Dimag

Reply to
dimag

wrote

If you you plan on using the same tires all year long (i.e. no dedicated winter and summer sets), yet require somewhat decent snow traction, I'd suggest you look at Nokian WR.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Check out this site:

Toby

best tires i owned on my xterra was the bfg all terrain ko......great on and off road.with an extreme snow rating too

Reply to
MATTY

They have better wet braking than anything else. There are better tires for offroad and snow. You cant have your cake and eat it too...

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Reply to
dimag

No sweat. I find some good info for my X3, as well...

Reply to
Toby