BMW X5 3.0i tires

I am about to replace tires on my X5. After reading the newsgroups I came to a conclusion that OEM Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus not a good choice for the car at all. Actually off road these tires suck. I do
drive on snowy mountain passes and off road.
Any recommendations here?
Dimag
wrote

If you you plan on using the same tires all year long (i.e. no dedicated winter and summer sets), yet require somewhat decent snow traction, I'd suggest you look at Nokian WR.
Cheers,
Pete
On 5 Jul 2006 10:38:48 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Check out this site:
http://www.x5world.com
Toby wrote:

best tires i owned on my xterra was the bfg all terrain ko......great on and off road.with an extreme snow rating too
indeed is a good site about X5s, Thanks!
MATTY wrote:

On 7 Jul 2006 16:11:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

No sweat. I find some good info for my X3, as well...

They have better wet braking than anything else. There are better tires for offroad and snow. You cant have your cake and eat it too...