BMW X5 Passenger window problems

I own a BMW X5 3.0 and have chronic problems with the windows in my vehicle. The rear driver side door window shattered unexplicably about

18 months ago while driving down the road. A month ago my passenger front door window dropped straight into the door and shattered for no reason and now my driver window had retreated into the door and will not come up. Is there a problem with the mounts that hold the window glass to the motor or something? Is anyone else having problems with the windows?

Jack

Reply to
Jack

Altough I do not own an X5 I can tell you this. I was getting my 330 serviced a few weeks ago, and while I was waiting in the service bay, an X5 drove up with the drivers window cockeyed and broken.

Dealer told him they were seeing a lot of X5 with window issues.

Reply to
redline

FYI,

I checked for 2003-2005 X5 service bulletins, none on the site for windows. BMW may have trouble admitting there is a problem. I am not sure at what point an issue becomes a service bulletin.

Reply to
redline

My self I too have a X5 and do have the same problem you are having .I was just about to go on a trip with my family when the passenger side front window was in the down position and would not go up again I try and try and try I could see the window was trying to come up but it was just jerking up and down. I call a friend of mine who works for a BMW dealership and explain to him what was happening with the window he told me what to do. to get it working again .I got a long skinny screwdriver flat-head and stuck the point at the back -part close to where the glass starts to come up beside the lock and push back and help the glass to come up it work and the glass will go up and down but if it does go all the way down it wont come up again so I did get it fix cost me 200 dollars for the part but I did not change the motor.BMW knows about this problem lots of X5 are having this trouble with windows and locks. BMW's motto is if a lot of X5 customer complain then they will do something call the head office in your area get the 1-800 # you pay lots of money to drive a BMW then you pay lots of money to fix it. . "Jack" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Ackee tree

I have had window issues. One window got stuck down. The relay window assembly neede to be replaced. The third issue was another window making strange noises. All was fixed under my extended warranty.

Jim

Reply to
j.jachetta

Hi Jack, was your X5 the 2003 3.0 l? i just picked up a 2003 used with about 36,000 miles and I do not seems to have any of these problems...

-Not that I go looking for problems.

Jas

Reply to
jzsmith