bmw Z3 cuts out after 10 mins

Hi I have a problem with my Z3, the engine cuts out 10mins to 1 hour after starting, the engine will not start again for about 15 mins. A mechanic has plugged a computer in and the power to this also cuts out
when the engine dies and there are no fault codes. has anyone had the same problem????
Never heard of this phenomenon.
When it cuts out, are there any dash lights? What about other electrical devices such as the electric windows, do they work?
When you say it doesn't start, does the engine crank over?

I had this problem on a different car. It took me a while to find it, but i did if it. It is possible that one or more sensors is feeding back, when it feeds back it cuts out the computer and it sees on fault codes. On the car i was working on it turned out to be the crank sensor. What you can try is to unplug the sensors one at a time when the no start occurs. Make sure you have the scanner hooked up. When you unplug the shorting sensor the scanner will light up. Hope this helps.

Baldy wrote:

A plugged fuel filter can act like that.