BMW318is year1996 clutch problem

My BMW 318is year 1996 have a strange problem: As I use it for the first 20 or 40 km it has no clutch problems .. After the 40Km, if I stop and start, the clutch don't work good, it begin to "jump". After the 40Km the clutch works as it's destroied !!! So, if I power off the machine, and wait the temperatures go down, it works good again .. as the clutch is new !!! What can be the problem ? Thanks so much !!!

Reply to
*FeDe*

For clutch judder, either the new clutch is faulty or there is a problem with the flywheel. Alternatively, you may have overheated the new clutch by slipping it too much due to your driving style or when towing for example.

Alternatively, there could be a oil leak from the input shaft oil seal, or the rear main, which is contaminating the clutch.

Reply to
Leroy

The clutch is not new, it's old as the machine! I think the oil leak can be the problem, do you think this can be so expansive to be solved?

Reply to
*FeDe*

Sorry, I misunderstood because you said in the original post 'as the clutch is new'.

Only you can be the judge of whether it's too expensive to fix.

Reply to
Leroy

Do you think it can be a problem solved in 3 or 4 hour or more? If it's too expensive, is it dangerous if I don't fix this?

Thaks a lot

Reply to
*FeDe*

A couple hour job if you know what you are doing and have a ramp.

Reply to
Leroy