Boston Area BMW Repair

Does anyone know of a reliable shop in the Boston area?
I cannot find ratings on the web of local BMW repair shops, and I am not satisfied with my dealer's work
(Herb Chambers).
Thanks in advance,
--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.autos.bmw...)

Check the International Association of Independent BMW Service Professionals....
http://www.iaibmwsp.org/index.html
Kyle. 98 740iL 01 525i

>> snipped-for-privacy@no-spam-panix.com> wrote in message news> snipped-for-privacy@panix1.panix.com... >> >> Does anyone know of a reliable shop in the Boston >> area? >> >> I cannot find ratings on the web of local BMW repair >> shops, and I am not satisfied with my dealer's work >> (Herb Chambers). >> >> Thanks in advance, >> >> >> -- >> Andrew Hall >> (Now reading Usenet in alt.autos.bmw...)
Kyle> Check the International Association of Independent BMW Service Kyle> Professionals....
Kyle> http://www.iaibmwsp.org/index.html
Thanks, I have a good lead from them.
ah
--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.autos.bmw...)

Herb Chambers does not have a good reputation on the BMW side, and an absolutely =awful= reputation on the MINI side.
I bought my car at BMW Gallery in Norwood, and have had all the dealer service done there. I've been very happy with them, and I'm kinda fussy about who works on my car.
Just my two cents..
Tim/

The OP also has the option of the BMW Gallery in Norwell on the south shore. We have purchased from them and have had service done on previous cars there and have been very satisfied.
In fact, my wife and I just went crazy yesterday. She bought an '06 750li to replace her X5. While we were there I happened to notice an '06 M5 sitting in the showroom that was available (not pre-purchased). One thing led to another and the M5 is now sitting in my garage next to her 750. Unbelievable car!
Eisboch
There are a few independent shops that I have worked with before:
- Mighty Motors in Somerville: Quality slipping - Koko's Garage(Koko) in Cambridge: Will give them more of my business - Autobahn in Natick: Horrible experience; Never again.
Good luck. email me privately if you want to discuss.

Nik> There are a few independent shops that I have worked with before: Nik> - Mighty Motors in Somerville: Quality slipping Nik> - Koko's Garage(Koko) in Cambridge: Will give them more of my business
Nik> - Autobahn in Natick: Horrible experience; Never again.
I ended up going to Autobahn in Lexington. They did a good job, as far as I can tell.
Nik> Good luck. email me privately if you want to discuss.
Thanks,
--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.autos.bmw...)
snipped-for-privacy@no-spam-panix.com wrote:

Is Autobahn the same place that used to be Auto Engineering? It was on Marret road near Woodhaven. Woodhaven was the intersection with Spring Street.
--
-Fred W

Malt> snipped-for-privacy@no-spam-panix.com wrote: >>>>>>> Nik writes: Nik> There are a few independent shops that I have worked with before> Nik> - Mighty Motors in Somerville: Quality slipping Nik> - Koko's Garage(Koko) in Cambridge: Will give them more of my business Nik> - Autobahn in Natick: Horrible experience; Never again.
>> I ended up going to Autobahn in Lexington. They did a good >> job, as far as I can tell. Nik> Good luck. email me privately >> if you want to discuss.
Malt> Is Autobahn the same place that used to be Auto Engineering? It was Malt> on Marret road near Woodhaven. Woodhaven was the intersection with Malt> Spring Street.
It is on Marret, so probably. I do not know the cross streets. it is about .4 miles west of the intersection of Marret and Waltham St.
Update on the service;
About 4 days and 450 miles after the service even very small bumps made a loud thunk from the front end.
I called them, they send over a service tech the next day to check safety, then took the car into the shop. The sway bar was defective, and the plastic end had split. They fixed it, and delivered the car back to my home.
I do not know if they screwed up the install or the part was really defective, but it was good they followed up so quickly, and without any need to drop off the car... .
--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.autos.bmw...)
Eisboch wrote:

It must be nice to have unlimited funds (and impeccable taste)... ;-)
PS - good move - X5 to 750li.
--
-Fred W