Brake fluid change on E46

I'm looking to change the brake fluid on my

2002 E46. My Bentley manual states that a BMW tool is needed if air is introduced into the system. Sounds like this might be a problem. Does anyone have any practical tips on doing this procedure ? In the past, I've replaced calipers and bleed brakes on cars other than BMW. Thanks, Joe
Reply to
Joe C

They are possibly referring to bleeding the hydraulic pump. In which case you will need a GT1.

Reply to
Ali

My praqctical tip is to pay $70 and have a cup of coffee while you wait.

My local independent BMW service guy will flush the brake system before the coffee gets cold.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland